MEET THE TEAM
Family Ministries Director
The primary role of the Family Ministries department is to partner with leaders at every level of the church structure to support families in the church and in their local communities by:
1. Recognising the great diversity of modern families (including singles)
2. Training and equipping family life educators
3. Enriching marriages
4. Educating and resourcing parents
5. Educating and supporting leaders and families to help ensure families are a safe environment, especially for children
6. Fostering healthy relationships and emotional wellbeing
The Family Ministries department is closely linked to the work of Children’s Ministries. These departments also oversee the implementation of the Church’s safeguarding policy, Keeping Our Church Family Safe, to ensure best practice in the protection of children and adults at risk. For more information access the Safeguarding page.
“Few things are more universal than family.” You and I are a part of one whether married or single, parenting or not – AND WE ARE IMPORTANT TO GOD! Recognizing that not only traditional, but also single parent and blended families, cohabiting coupes, dual career families, divorcees, widows, and a host of other family types reside in the ten-island territory of the North Caribbean Conference, a few of our goals for this quadrennium are as follows: (1) To intentionally address the needs of families (including singles) (2) Strengthen the quality of parenting at all levels (3) Enhance family bonding (4) Create more family-friendly church environments, and last but not least (5) Reach families for Jesus. We solicit your prayers as together we ask God to transform our families for his honor and glory.
FAMILY MINISTRIES LEADERS’ ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
Family Ministries Leader(s) – An individual or married couple may be elected to serve as the Family Ministries leader(s). The individual(s) should have a positive attitude about God, self, others, and the church. The leader(s) should model strong and growing family relationships and exhibit a sincere interest in fostering the well-being of all families. In order to be effective, it is necessary for the Family Ministries leader(s) to have an understanding of God’s redemptive plan for dealing with the brokenness in relationships which sin has brought. It is also important that the leader(s) be able to maintain confidentiality and know when and how to encourage individuals in critical situations to seek professional counseling. The duties of the Family Ministries leader(s) are:
- To chair the Family Ministries Committee.
- To represent the needs and interests of families through membership on the church board, and to coordinate Family Ministries plans with the overall church program.
- To inform the pastor and church board of Family Ministries concerns and achievements, and to encourage funding and support for ministry to families.
- To identify church and community resources which foster relational growth and provide help to meet critical needs, and to heighten awareness of these resources among church leadership and families.
IMPORTANT LINKS FOR FAMILY MINISTRIES